CALDWELLS, NJ — Wish to learn to submit information ideas or submit a neighborhood occasion/labeled on Patch? It is simpler than you assume!
At Patch, we consider that native information and knowledge have the ability to unite a group. We additionally consider in giving neighbors the ability to inform their very own tales and assist maintain one another knowledgeable about what’s occurring on the native degree.
There are just a few other ways to achieve out.
Information ideas and press releases could be despatched to your native Patch editor. Suggestions/releases for the Caldwells, NJ could be despatched to [email protected]
- Together with small attachments is ok, however PLEASE embody all necessary info immediately within the physique of your e mail (so it may be simply “reduce and pasted”).
- Embrace a single, high-quality picture or picture (most well-liked format is a .jpg). Inform us who we should always credit score for the picture (you will need to personal the rights or have permission to make use of it for a information article).
- Attributable to excessive volumes of submissions, it isn’t all the time potential to publish all releases or reply individually … however we attempt our greatest!
Extra of a “take cost” persona? Cannot wait to get a tip on-line?
- Within the Neighbor Posts part, you’ll be able to ask a query, share a information tip, advocate one thing to your neighbors or begin a neighborhood dialogue. (You may as well write a extra conventional press launch, column, letter to the editor or obituary within the type of an article.)
- On the Occasions calendar, you’ll be able to add your individual occasions to the native lineup.
- Within the Classifieds market, you’ll be able to promote or give away your outdated stuff; discover housing, tenants or roommates; discover job candidates or supply your providers; and make different native enterprise bulletins.
What to submit the place
You need to submit a:
- Query about your group
- Information tip about one thing occurring within the neighborhood
- Advice for a neighborhood enterprise or service
- Opinion a few native subject
- Photograph you took on the town
- Different fast native updates
The Neighbor Posts part is a group discussion board and social platform designed to attach you to different neighbors — in addition to Patch reporters, native officers, nonprofits, companies and consultants in your space.
If you submit on this part, your submit will seem on the prime of the Neighbor Posts web page. If it receives sufficient consideration and engagement, it could likewise seem on the homepage to your group or in an e mail despatched to native readers.
You may as well reply to every other posts you see on Patch, to assist reply your neighbors’ questions and take part in native discussions. We encourage neighbors to return collectively to assist one another perceive their group higher — as a result of Patch reporters cannot catch all the things, and it takes a village to maintain observe of what is occurring on the bottom.
All the time keep in mind to maintain your posts and replies native, clear, pleasant and factual, in line with the Patch Neighborhood Pointers. And to make Patch a greater place for neighbors, please flag every other posts or replies that do not observe these guidelines.
(Are you a neighborhood official? Be certain to apply for a neighborhood official badge, so the group is aware of to belief your posts and replies.)
You need to submit a:
- Press launch
- Column or op-ed
- Letter to the editor
When you’re trying to contribute in a extra formal or conventional method, you could have the choice to finish one further verification step to be able to submit a press launch, column, op-ed, letter to the editor or obituary within the type of an article.
If you publish an article on Patch, will probably be labeled as “Neighbor Information” and can present up within the Neighbor Posts part of your property group. In case your native Patch editor sees match, they’ll additionally select to share it with close by communities or embody it in an e mail to readers.
Patch additionally welcomes vetted contributors enthusiastic about sharing their experience and reporting on their communities extra deeply. To use, e mail [email protected] with a hyperlink to your Patch profile, some examples of your work and some sentences on why you’d prefer to contribute.
You need to submit a:
- Yard sale
- Open home
- Pageant or parade
- Different native actions
Including your occasion to the Patch Neighborhood Calendar is an effective way to spice up attendance and let neighbors learn about enjoyable stuff occurring close to them. If the factor you are posting about has a date and time, it ought to all the time be posted as an occasion.
As soon as posted, your occasion will seem in the primary Calendar part to your group, and generally in different occasion preview sections throughout Patch and in emails to readers. To spice up your itemizing and provides it additional visibility, you can too pay to put it up for sale as “Featured” throughout the area for $1 per day per group. (Plus, your cash will assist help extra native journalism within the communities you care about!)
You need to submit about:
- Misplaced & discovered pets or different objects
- Housing (in search of or providing)
- Gigs & providers (in search of or providing)
- On the market objects
- Free stuff you need to eliminate
- Announcement about your small business or org
The Classifieds part serves as a neighborhood market the place you’ll be able to promote or give away your stuff, search for work, discover roommates or tenants and make different native enterprise bulletins.
As soon as posted, your labeled will seem in the primary Classifieds part to your group, and generally in different preview sections throughout Patch and in emails to readers. events can use a contact kind that may seem inside your submit to e mail you immediately about your supply.
To spice up your itemizing and provides it additional visibility, you can too pay to put it up for sale as “featured” throughout the area for $1 per day per group.